Starting XUMM version 1.1, to be released in Q1 2021, the "XUMM QR Button" in the center of the bottom button bar will be replaced with a menu that offers the "Scan QR button" (so one extra step if you want to scan a QR). This menu will also allow XUMM users to access "xApps".
xApps are mini wizard / specific tooling WebApps fully integrated in XUMM.
- They receive context (user account selected in XUMM when opened, XUMM theme, input params, account type (eg. Tangem / ...)
- They can trigger overlay Sign Requests and receive callback info
- They can trigger the QR scanner and receive scanned QR data
- In the XUMM shortlist (we feature some apps, they get replaced by frequently used apps by the user)
- From the xApp directory
- By opening a deeplink (browser / other app)
- By scanning a QR code
Even more exciting... xApps can be triggered as well using:
- By attaching an xApp memo to an XRPL TX (so the Event list will show there's an xApp attached to the TX)
- From a push notification
- From the Event list, as an xApp session pushed to a XUMM user
Some sample xApp ideas:
- Trading interface (offloads signing to XUMM)
- Entry ticket checking
- Issuing tokens, checking tokens
- Setting up accounts, escrows, etc.
- Easy destination verification / prefill when moving funds (eg. Exchange integrations)
- Even our own KYC flow
Updated 3 months ago